Shoes! Shoes!! Shoes!!! Ladies love shoes. I am yet to meet a girl who doesn’t, but we tend to have so much of them that we often leave out the essentials, I am not an exception. No matter how much of a SHOE-ADDICT you are, here are the least ten shoe types you should have to remain in style in 2017.
- Sandals: This could be high or low, whatever the case, be sure they are super comfortable. For me I call them “walk-about”, you should be able to commute (even trek) in them as far as possible.
- Flat cover shoes: You can’t always be off the ground, while you’re down there you want to look sharp and slay as always. So be very particular about the flat cover shoes you decide to purchase, they should be classy and represent your kind of style.
- Kicks: Whether Nike, Adidas or converse, whatever be the case. They should be comfortable and one size over your normal size. Wearing kicks my normal size hurt my toes at the end of a long day. For instance, I’m a size 39 on a regular but I purchase kicks of size 40 just for comfort.
- Loafers: Slip on your loafers when you want to rock your English fashion wardrobe. Be it jeans pants, pinafores, shorts, dungarees, vintage shirts, mini summer dresses, crop tops and so much more. Loafers, Cortina, Oxford leather, boyfriend shoes are your best bet.
- Wedges: I find wedges spectacular, they almost fit into every setting so long as you’re rocking the right shade.
- Pumps: These are completely covered shoes you could wear for official/ business appointments. They don’t have to be really high and should come in black, nude or brown shades (just my opinion). These colors go with just about any other color but, if you really know how to combine colors (which I’m awful at) feel free to be creative.
- Statement Heels: What I call “Hot Heels”, these are supposed to make a declaration that you’ve arrived! They could be laced with beads, glitters, feathers and anything that makes it look fabulous. Heels like these are normally worn on runways, to weddings, parties, events that require you bring out the fashionista in you!
- Printed Heels: These take away the boring look in any solid colored outfit. Once in a while they help switch up your style whether it’s for a casual or corporate event! You can never go wrong with printed shoes. They range from polka dots & stripes to animal skin prints and the likes of abstract color combos.
- Nude Shoes: They could be really high, low or flat shoes. Just make sure you do not overlook any reason at all not have a pair of nude shoes in your closet. They go with just about any outfit type and color. If you’re ever confused on what shoe color to fit your outfit, chill!!! Pull out a pair of nudes.
- Gladiator Sandals: These are my favorite! They come in really handy when you’re trying to put together a simple but chic outfit at the same time. It could be knee high or ankle high but which ever one you have, you should have the need to.
These ten should form the basis of your shoe collection. Whether you have a truck load or just about enough, remember to purchase shoes that you’re absolutely comfortable in. Don’t let the looks get to you, I don’t want to buy shoes and just stare at them (I don’t know about you), I want to wear them!!!